Wednesday, August 24, 2011

14 days left :-)

Hey everybody!! :-)

My name is Lena-Marie, I'm from germany and I'm 19 years old.

I live in Iserlohn (about 100.000 inhabitants). I'm doing the EVS because I didn't really know, what I want to do after the school. Studying? Yes! But what???  But I was sure, firstly I want to do something new, to get to know a new culture, new people, to be social active and to develop myself.
Actually I have a lot of interests. For example playing the piano and violin, singing, playing at a theatre group and be active with children and much more. And after informing about the different project, I suddenly knew, that EVS is what I really want to do!!

Well, I will be staying in Keila at the local youth centre. Keila is a little sweet town (I think so), 25 km away from Tallinn. I am very happy about the project, becuse it fits perfectly with my hobbies, like singing, playing instruments, cooking, spending time with children and youngsters.

Here in germany, I worked as a "language-scout". My task were integrating children with migrationbackground into the german language and culture. It made al lot of fun to me!!! I cannot exactly imagine what I will be doing at the youth centre, but I really hope that I have the chance to convey a little bit of the german culture and language to the children and youngsters in Estonia.

I am happy that we will meet after arriving in Estonia. That calms me a little bit down, because I know that I'm not alone with the new surrounding. I'm sure that we will have a great time and I hope that maybe we can discover Estonia together?! :-)
And furthermore I cannot wait to hear something about you and your projects.

The best greetings from sunny germany!! ;-)

Lena




No comments:

Post a Comment