Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tere! I'm Inês!

Tere everyone!

I'm Inês, a portuguese volunteer in Maidla, a small village in Estonia. I will work for 9 months with youngsters in the Maidla's Youth Centre and I'm very excited about it. In Portugal I'm used to work with children as an animator but this will be diferent because, for start, the communication will be sometimes dificult - some kids can speak english, some don't, and I will try to take advantage of that, by learning estonian and improving my english also with their help. I'm glad I have a whole new culture to know and many new places to see, many new experiencies to enjoy. The cultural exchange is what interests me most of all in this evs experience.
I'm also an actress in Portugal and I did some children musicals and some other small plays. It is important for me to connect theatre and my job as an actress with some social work. That's why I usually work as a children animator and that's also why I worked in a Hospital, in a therapeutic theatre group with people who have mental illnesses for one year before I came to Estonia.
It is my first time out of Portugal alone so of course I'm a little bit afraid and I miss my family and friends, but I think in this situation we have to look at this experience like an unforgetable moment in our lifes that is almost for us, where we can learn things about ourselves and the world that we maybe wouldn't learn any other way.
I can say I am a friendly and kind person who is asking for new challenges and experiences! I hope we can all be together many times, travel together, go to some parties...who knows! Lets see what Estonia and we can bring to eachother ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment