Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Welcome to Estonia!

Hey everybody,

my name is Denise. I am 29 years old and I am from Germany. My volunteer service already started in April 2011 and I will stay for one year in this beautiful Estonia. So I had the pleasure to met the “old” volunteers and I will get to know you – the “new” volunteers :). My working place is the Youth Centre in Maidla. I hope you will see it one time! I love to do this work with the children and youngster. We have a lot of activities for example: handicraft work, dancing, singing, knitting, cooking, drawing, playing games and have a lot of fun. Beside that I give german and  sport lessons one time per week. We also arrange a lot of events. So we had a big youth exchange with more than 40 youngsters from four countries for a whole week in our small village. By the way it was the best youth exchange ever ;).
 
The life as an EVS volunteer was a complete change for myself and I am enjoying every day :). For me means EVS: travel a lot, to get to know new interesting people, new friends, other countries, different cultures, to learn a new language: Estonian!, to improve my English knowledge, adventure, new challenges, to develop myself, to broaden my horizon, to be initiative, to make new experience, to have meetings and a lot of fun!!!

Certainly I am missing my family and friends but the positive facts are predominant. And I know that I have just this one chance and I am learning so much and nobody can take this!! 

I wish you all the best for your volunteer time and I hope we will meet us soon. We are waiting for you! Take care!

Denise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment