Thursday, September 29, 2011

What's up?


1. I am sitting at the "Office" of the Youth Centre with other Youth Workers. I just finished the first part of the “story” I wanted to write about the first impressions…

2. I am often downstairs, where the youngsters and the children are hanging around, play Ping Pong or Billiard…, but they will come a little bit later. That's why I am still upstairs. 


3. I like being here, because I get to know the youth workers. I get to know the work here in the youth centre. Sometimes I also like just to watch at the people here, and getting to know the “way of life and the way of thinking”. General in Estonia: The landscape, the language (even if it is difficult), I experience much new things

4. I don’t like, that the people sometimes only speak in Estonian, so I don’t understand so much, and I cannot follow the conversations (but it is also good, because I HAVE TO LEARN), I don’t like the travelling to Tallinn every Tuesday and Thursday for the language course, the times of the trains do not fit with the times with the course, I am more travelling then being in language class, Furthermore I don’t like just sitting around and just have a look at the people, but I think, this is a very important part of “settling in” in and getting to know the new surrounding here, so it is necessary as well. J

5. It was funny for me, when I just sat here, and the children were running and screaming around (very crazy) and I asked: What are the saying or doing? “They are playing school!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment